Tips and Tricks for the Frugal (or broke) Wiccan
Let me just start out by saying that you don’t need tools to practice, but for those who want them here’s a few cheap (or free) ideas.
1. ALTAR Your altar can be set up on any flat surface, even the floor! A small coffee table, the top of a chest, a desk, your dresser…Really just anywhere that you can set up things without them falling over.
2. ALTAR CLOTH An altar cloth isn’t really necessary, but is nice for keeping everything clean, and looks pretty. You could make one yourself, or use a cheap bandanna, scarf or tablecloth (all can be bought at the dollar store) and either cut or fold them to fit the altar area. Or let them hang down, it’s whatever you prefer really.
3. CANDLES AND INCENSE Again, dollar store, or for bulk tea-lights Costco if you have a card or know someone who is willing to take you. The dollar store also has lots of colours and holders, so you can get larger element candles there as well. Incense are fairly cheap at green earth. Last time I was there you could get a mixed bag of 5 for 20 cents. Or again dollar store. Or look up how to make your own. Incense burners are also fairly cheap, or you can use almost anything that wont catch fire.
4. CHALICE AND OTHER ALTAR THINGS Use a wine glass for a chalice. Look around at yard sales, thrift shops or ask someone for one. Figurines are a bit harder to come by, but you can make them if you or someone you know can carve wood, or hunt around at yard sales and thrift shops. You’d be surprised what you can find for not a lot of money.
5. WAND To make a wand, simply decide what kind of wood you’d like it to be, find a tree of that kind of wood, and cut off a branch. Make sure it’s not a big branch but not too small. It should be comfortable to hold in your hand and about the length of your forearm. Use a knife to peel off the bark then wrap the wand in a cloth and then let it dry…for a long time (about a month).
6. ATHAME This one is a bit tricky. If your in a hurry to have one, get an inexpensive letter opener. Other than that, you could try and find one in a thrift store, but I’ve yet to find one. So save up your money for this. Maybe try online??
7. CLOTHES Make your own, or look in thrift shops. It will be cheaper to buy some fabric and sew your own clothes, but for those that aren’t gifted with the ability to sew, look around thrift shops for something you like. Remember that ritual clothes can be anything you are comfortable in.
There’s a lot of things not listed here but these are the most commonly asked about (from what i found). Remember that pretty much all Wicca supplies or tools can be gifted to you by someone or made yourself.
- witchyworkings reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- am-i-bambi-yet likes this
- boneharvester likes this
- jodnajodie likes this
- costanteincertezza likes this
- fadedmarginalia likes this
- eclecticwitch777 likes this
- punkcyclops-arts reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- punkcyclops-arts likes this
- unpublishedveil likes this
- xochimilico reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- goingtomaine likes this
- stardust-shadow likes this
- crimsonakane reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- teavibes likes this
- xdjenny-annexd reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- xdjenny-annexd likes this
- calme-sur-locean reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- calme-sur-locean likes this
- gam3rgirlx0x likes this
- joanridge reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- xcosmicrevenge reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- zhinyxpeace likes this
- violently-vintage reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- thefaultinourbruh reblogged this from spookyscarysalad
- spookyscarysalad reblogged this from ananomys
- alwayswillgraham likes this
- ananomys reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- carefreestar23 likes this
- blackfairy21 reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- ariadne-autumn reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- xenobro likes this
- tacosdecarneasada likes this
- thelifeofemm reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- aeris-borialis likes this
- sterve-boh reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- sterve-boh likes this
- helplesswhenitcomestoyou likes this
- thecarnalscientist-jt likes this
- ravenmoonscauldron reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- complex-of-essence likes this
- mistydawndreams likes this
- skal-pal reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- cosmic-mage reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- world0fwonders reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- alically likes this
- insanity-is-needed likes this
- mjbranny likes this
- shadowravens reblogged this from thewiccanwonders
- shadowravens likes this